Group A CAT 1/2/3 rider; aka "scratch group"; comfortable riding in echelon at high pace; strong bike handling skills with bike racing experience
Group B CAT 4/5 rider; may have limited bike racing experience; riders interested in possibly moving up to Group A with more experience
Group C no experience riding road bike in echelon or limited; individuals coming from another sport
A new rider may attend up to two races as guest (SCA Membership Required) then required to join Cycledelia
Eligibility to race Tuesday Night Series:
Recreational riders, triathletes, mountain bikers, etc., are encouraged to join the Cycledelia Tuesday Night Race series. The series is an excellent way to improve strength and at the same time develop strong bike handling skills. However, bike racing is also "inherently dangerous" and can result in accidents. Therefore, Cycledelia must manage the risk and expectations of new riders joining the series. Therefore, all new riders must be deemed Draft Safe Certified and meet the following requirements:
- attend a Cycledelia Saturday Morning Club Ride
- ride Group C and advance to Group B only by referral of volunteer leader(s)
- ride with experienced club member who verifies rider ability with the Tuesday Night Coordinator
- Out of town guest - TBD. Guest rider must communicate with Tuesday Night Coordinator prior to race or they will not be eligible to ride.
We greatly appreciate our volunteers who take the time to drive each week so we can race! It provides another layer of safety and allows us to determine placings.
**We ask the driver each week to place a "race in progress" sign on course to improve safety.
Start time for West and East courses is 6:30. Start time for North course (to give extra time to get to the course) is 6:40. A group leaves for all courses from the Back Alley of Bike Doctor at 6:00
There is a mailing list for Tuesday Night Race Series. Email Blair firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be added to the list. This is the main way that crucial info and updates are broadcast, and races can be moved or cancelled depending on weather and road conditions so we recommend you join the list.
- This is a points race (top 5 finishers)
- Group A departs first followed by Group B then Group C. Riders will be encouraged to leave in Group A - if they can't hold pace opportunity exists to join Group B; same goes for Group B riders dropping back to Group C
- If Group B is successful in finishing less than TBD minutes behind Group A, they win the race and all points are allocated to top 5 finishers in Group B.
- Riders must pre-register with TnR Coordinator
- Riders are "seeded" by flights and will be notified day of race
- Each wave of riders will be divided into two teams. Teams will be awarded points for the order of finish of their respective team members. The team with the most points wins. Ex. In a flight of eight riders, first place gets 8 points, second gets 7, etc.
- Note: each flight is its own race
- The team with the most points wins Team Night. In the event of a tie, team who had rider cross finish line first with their colour of jersey wins.
- Note: all riders on your team count points so its important riders dropped still finish!
- You'll be advised what team you're on and will have an opportunity to discuss strategy with your teammates as to how to best collect points.
Juniors vs Seniors:
- The exact age group split will depend on turnout and may be changed at race start
- Younger age group will wear light jerseys, older age group wears dark jerseys
- If we have a large turnout, we can have two races - Group A and B
- If turnout is low, Groups A and B will race together
- Proposed age groups: 45 and older vs. 44 and younger
- If Group A and B races occur and a rider in Group A gets dropped, he/she may join Group B race and rider for their age group
Aussie Pursuit (East Course)
- Riders entering this event must have "reasonable" echelon skills
- Team A1 vs A2 and Team B1 vs B2 (riders are divided at the start area)
- Start/finish line same as past years
- Group B departs 1 minute after Group A
- One team goes North at T intersection while other team goes South
- Both teams ride entire length of course North/South then back to start/finish line
- Each teams' finish time will be taken once the rider representing 75% of total team crosses finish line
- Riders dropped are not allowed to contribute to other teams
There are three different courses:
North (aka Wanuskewin) Course. Start/finish at Wanuskewin entrance
West (aka Vanscoy) Course. Start/finish at the corner of Township Rd 364 and Range Rd 3063
East (aka PCA Mine) Course. Start/finish just East of the tracks on Hwy 394
2019 Tuesday Night Racing Calendar
|April 30 ||West ||Leisure Ride|
|May 7 ||East ||Leisure Ride|
|May 14 ||West ||Reverse Pursuit|
|May 21 ||North ||Team Night|
|May 28 ||East ||Aussie Pursuit|
|June 4 ||West ||Reverse Pursuit|
|June 11 ||East ||Team Night|
|June 18 ||North ||Reverse Pursuit|
|June 25 ||West ||Juniors vs Seniors|
|July 2 ||East ||Aussie Pursuit|
|July 9 ||North ||Team Night|
|July 16 ||West ||Reverse Pursuit|
|July 23 ||North ||Team Night|
|July 30 ||East ||Aussie Pursuit|
|August 6 ||North ||Reverse Pursuit|
|August 13 ||West ||Team Night|
|August 20 ||North ||Reverse pursuit|
|August 27 ||TBD ||Course and Format voted by riders|
Results are available on the Tuesday Nighter Results Page.